Xeikon International designs, produces and sells high quality digital color production printers. Xeikon is a world leader in industrial and commercial printing like commercial brochures, direct marketing, labels and packaging. In 2015 Xeikon became part of Flint Group.
Xeikon’s pioneering products and services are the foundation of a newly created division to be called Flint Group Digital Printing Solutions. This new division of Flint Group will further broaden the group’s conventional and digital printing solutions, offering a unique proposition of equipment, consumables and services across its global markets.
You provide 2nd line customer support to the Xeikon customers and engineers using advanced digital presses in their production environment. Your goal is to guarantee an optimal functioning of the Xeikon machine, to assure the service levels agreed with the customer and to assist the customer in achieving the best printing quality. Aiming for customer satisfaction is part of your attitude.
Your focus will be in software support. (color management and RIP)
Main tasks as 2nd line Application Engineer
Technical Support to First Line Support engineers, dealer technical personnel and customers.
• Ensuring escalated problem handling from first line & installation technicians
• Expertise in software and printing technology
• Integration support with other vendors (MIS servers, JDF, XML)
Problem Analysis & Management
• Taking problem ownership, set up and implement action plans till full solution
• Troubleshooting and root causes detection
• Escalated problem solving at customer sites
• Remote problem solving over phone and mail contact with the customer/local engineer
Support technical knowledge exchange between R&D and Service
• Maintaining technical content on customer service webpage
• Creating technical notes
• Providing analysis on problem reporting to Quality and R&D
Delivery of Technical services
• Assisting – taking the lead in field escalations. On site interventions can be needed
• Once experienced, providing training and consultancy to achieve optimal results with our products
• Technical educational degree (bachelor) with some years of experience in machine maintenance, field engineering or graphics industry
• Experience as engineer in a technical production environment
• Good analytic skills, quick learner of technical data
• Customer oriented
• Self-supporting, flexible, stress resistant
• Cost conscious, pragmatic
• Graphical background (printing, prepress)
• You have a solid knowledge of Microsoft Windows and an understanding of networks (TCP/IP, DHCP,...)
• Willingness to travel occasionally
• English is a must; Dutch is a plus; any additional language is a plus
"We are always keen to meet talented, energetic team players who wish to share in the goal to continuously raise our performance standards in order to meet the quality, cost, delivery and service requirements of our customers."
Hélène Boehlen - HR Director
• An enthusiastic, ambitious environment in a Service department which plays an important business role for Xeikon
• A challenging job with direct responsibility towards the customer
• Intensive training on Xeikon products
• An internationally operating company, active in innovative digital printing