Industrial capital goods environment that designs, produces and sells high quality digital color printers and presses. Xeikon is a world leading innovator in digital printing, focused on labels and packaging, commercial print, …
Xeikon is now part of the Flint Group. Xeikon’s pioneering products and services will form the foundation of a newly created division to be called Flint Group Digital Printing Solutions. This division of Flint Group will further broaden the group’s conventional and digital printing solutions, offering a unique proposition of equipment, consumables and services across its global markets, like the Fusion concept shown at the latest Printing expositions.
We are a very innovative company active in the field of digital printing. Xeikon has a large R&D center in Lier where chemists, engineers, programmers and high speed electronic specialists are working towards the future of digital printing. We deliver complete systems (pre post devices, printing engines, workflow and consumables) and have 20 % of our people working in a very multidisciplinary Research and development environment. To support our expansion we are currently looking to enforce our R&D organization with an experienced inkjet process specialist.
• You will be part of the R&D team and will be introduced to the working principles of the Xeikon printing engines and consumables.
• You organize a team of test operators : both the planning of their jobs as the actual tests to be performed.
• You advise on new measurement equipment and technology within the R&D organization
• You investigate aspects as Image Quality of print samples and how that is influenced by engine parameters. You share and discuss that knowledge with local staff (engineers, ink formulation chemists, electronic specialists, software engineers and engine operators)
• You should organize, conduct, interpret tests and experiments; you document the results in cooperation with colleagues and formulate decisions and proposals for further research.
• You will investigate and determine interactions between digital inks, consumables and imaging processes involved in the printing machine.
• You solve technical issues and come up with creative solutions to drive continuous improvement,
in cooperation with Xeikon’s own design department and external partner companies.
You also do yourself some practical test preparations, such as the design of a test-file in graphical software packages (e.g. InDesign, Photoshop,…)
• Due to the international nature of the technology and partners up to 25% of time can be taken up with travel to locations worldwide. Partly this involves visit and interaction with customers to solve issues that cannot be handled by the regular service organization.
• Minimum a Master’s degree or proof of extensive training/experience in the inkjet field
• You know how to organize tests, conducted by several test operators, and aspects as design of experiments.
• You have good analytical skills and the ability to collect data and draw valid conclusions.
• For the senior level of this job, you have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the inkjet industry and know how ink interacts with the complete printing system (delivery, filtration, degassing, jetting, waveform, substrate interaction), and you know the behavior of a complete inkjet engine at an industrial site (web transport, substrate conditioning or wetting, adhesion, drying or curing…
• For the junior level of this job, you know the basic physical and chemical theories necessary to understand typical inkjet aspects as drop jetting, waveforms, drying or curing, surface tension, viscosity….
• You are prepared to work on inkjet printing machine aspects as maintenance, reliability, user interface, and auxiliary functions in such machines such as filtration, cleaning, degassing, cleaning capping, purging…
• You are keen on knowing the root cause behind typical phenomena in inkjet such as stitching, bleeding, satellites, specific migration etc.
• You are flexible, pro-active and have team work attitude. You are capable of working in a structured manner.
• You have good communication skills towards multiple levels in the organization
"We are always keen to meet talented, energetic team players who wish to share in the goal to continuously raise our performance standards in order to meet the quality, cost, delivery and service requirements of our customers."
Rebecca Geyselings - HR Business Partner