The Solutions Technical Manager takes the fundamental technical responsibility of the configured and customized total solutions that are offered and delivered to our customers. He/she is active in presales phase where he/she defines the right technical configuration, as well as in the execution phase where he/she takes the responsibility for the technical functioning of the system until acceptance and full resolution of all possible issues with the solution that he/she defined.
Such total solution can exist of standard or customized Xeikon products, pre-defined or bespoke options, configurable or custom made 3rd party products and suitable services.
The Solutions Technical manager will work closely together at HQ Belgium, Lier with the Technical Sales Support colleagues and Area Sales Managers in the presales phase and with the Project team in the execution phase.
- Take ownership of technical definition of the customized solution that can be quoted in the pre-sales phase.
- This includes definition and collection of the deliverables and provide these to Sales within a time frame allowing fast responses to the customers. The deliverables include:
o Bill of material and services
o A prepared technical order form
o List prices
o Lead time for the total solution
o Specs description of the configuration
o All within our preset safety, compliance and regulatory commitments
- Apply high level technical knowledge to define the best suitable, well-functioning and most economical total solution that fits the need of the customers.
- Define the test plan that lists the requirements to make sure that the total solution is installed the first time right. A good coordination of the required actions is the main responsibility although actual hands-on technical support to complete testing might be appropriate to reach the right conclusion.
- Define the best possible service and support plan, together with 3rd party suppliers and our local service manager for the time after customer acceptance.
- Define the corrective actions on issues that are raised out of testing in factory or during acceptance testing at a customer’s site. Also for this, he/she is responsible for a good coordination of the needed actions, although actual hands-on technical support might be appropriate.
- The responsibility is handed over to the service team, once all possible issues are resolved and a full acceptance by the customer is reached.
- Work together with the services and solutions business manager to screen the market on possible partners for growing demand of 3rd party equipment.
- Good cooperation and communication with 3rd party suppliers, purchasing, R&D, production to collect the correct input for the quotation deliverables. In several case there might be detailed discussions about customization required, both with R&D and 3rd party patners.
- In order to define and implement the right 3rd party products, a good knowledge of the technical aspects of printing and finishing equipment is and perfect communication , a very good knowledge of the possible products
· Educational Qualification: Master Degree or Bachelor . Speak fluently Dutch and English.
· Highly technically skilled, combined with commercial and operational skills in daily work.
· A significant track record related to technical definition and completion of total printing solutions, including digital printing itself, pre- and post devices, finishing equipment, software/workflow products
· Good understanding of a pre-sales quotation process and installation process of printing equipment
· Ready to help Area Sales Managers, yet with assertivity to spend the efforts on the right requests
· Capable of handling multiple requests at the same time and make the correct priority choices
· Demonstrated ability to work with customers, sales, and technical teams effectively
· Strong can do mentality, combined with high level of creativity to find that solution where the customer is looking for, that can bring a project a success for both Xeikon and the customer.
· Very convinced of the first time right approach, even for complex projects
"We are always keen to meet talented, energetic team players who wish to share in the goal to continuously raise our performance standards in order to meet the quality, cost, delivery and service requirements of our customers."
Rebecca Geyselings - HR Business Partner
· Xeikon drives on innovation, teamwork, people talent and an unbeatable drive to stay in the higher market segment of digital printing.
· Interaction with different people throughout the organization on a daily basis with guarantee that no day will be the same.
· an intensive training on Xeikon products, an open atmosphere and excellent learning development in a high tech environment for you as design engineer.
· Being part of a strong and experienced marketing department which plays a crucial business role for Xeikon
· Personal development and a challenging career where you are empowered to grow professionally as well as personally.
· we offer you a modern office building based in Lier, flexible working hours and other interesting benefits.