To support our expansion we are currently looking to enforce our R&D organization (located in Lier) with a designer in software development. You become part of the R&D department where you develop the necessary expertise in the working of our Xeikon machines. You work closely together with other software engineers and with other disciplines (mechatronics and process technology).
Detailed function description
As you acquire the experience and the necessary domain knowledge of our digital printing machines, you will gradually be responsible for the frond-end software. This responsibility consists of design, ,development of automated testing, integration testing, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- You work closely together with the "product owner" and you translate the functional requirements into a technical design and implementation plan.
- Together with the software team you are responsible for the front-end software that surrounds the machine functionality, user interface and integrations in a customer environment.
- You assist your colleagues of the test and support group in identifying and resolving issues that might arise with customers, or issues which arise during the testing of the software.
- As you acquire the expertise and knowledge of our machines, your goal is to improve and design the software architecture and to optimize the development process.
- You handle the documentation of functional modules and implementations, and you create documentation in support of other departments and new products.
- You develop design reviews, you define complex designs and coordinate these with other team members.
- You follow trends in our technology and you are aware of products and patents of our competitors.
- You report to our team leader software and you work from our R&D center in Lier.
- Young Graduatie with a master in Engineering or Computer Sciences.
- Looking for a first experience within a challenging r&d department.
- Experience, knowledge and / or strong affinity with the following issues and technologies
- Good knowledge of OO development.
- Knowledge or deep interest in following database topics; Big Data, NoSQL, NewSQL
- Good knowledge of C#
- Knowledge of Java is a plus
- Microsoft Visual Studio development environment
- Microsoft Team Foundation
- Agile methodology (ex. Kanban) and “Test Driven Development”
- You hold a flexible, pro-active and team work attitude. Capable of working in a structured manner with an eye for quality and safety.
- You have good communication skills (English/Dutch) and you are capable to communicate with multiple levels in the organization and you are a solution and results-oriented individual with a good customer orientation.