As 1st line engineer, you provide service to the Xeikon customers using advanced digital presses in their production environment. Your goal is to guarantee an optimal functioning of the Xeikon machines, to assure the service levels agreed with the customer and to assist the customer in achieving the best printing quality.
As coordinator for Xeikon Iberia, you are the first person to take care of the customers and you assist the regional service manager to coordinate the tasks of the other engineers in Iberia. You handle direct customer contacts in a professional way and implement the methodology that is determined by your service manager.
Aiming for high customer satisfaction is part of your attitude.
Your working area will be Iberia, with preferred location of Barcelona. You are open for occasional international travel.
Once up to a good level as 1st line service engineer, you could further be trained to become Print Consultant and Trainer. In this role, you get additional responsibilities to advise and train customers about digital printing and printing workflow. You continue to support customers as service engineer during interventions and on phone support.
- Customer care, point of contact for Iberian customers
- Phone support on Xeikon machines (both Electrophotography and Inkjet technology), finishing equipment and workflow
- Interventions, scheduled and preventive maintenance at customer’s site to assure high efficiency of the machines
- Site surveys in preparation of a machine installation
- Machine installation till full acceptance of the production line, with support from HQ installation team
- Technical support for workflow and application topics
- Customer oriented
- Self-supporting, flexible, stress resistant
- First class technician with a technical educational degree (bachelor) and some years of experience in machine maintenance, field engineering and/or graphics industry
- Good practical, up-to-date knowledge of common IT hard- and software
- Excellent analytic skills, quick learner of technical data
- Cost conscious, pragmatic
- Native Spanish, good knowledge of Portuguese and English
You can count on preference in case you have understanding of or experience with
- Customer relationships
- Planning of tasks, priority handling
- Industrial Inkjet and Electrophotography printing technology
- Digital printing machine hardware and software
- Finishing equipment for printing industry
- Graphics and print process
- Prepress software: adobe creative suite CS5
- Page Imposition layout & software
- Color management ICC profiles
- Workflow Esko, Fiery, etc
- Papers and substrates
"We are always keen to meet talented, energetic team players who wish to share in the goal to continuously raise our performance standards in order to meet the quality, cost, delivery and service requirements of our customers."
Hélène Boehlen - HR Business Partner
- An enthusiastic, ambitious environment in a Service department which plays an important business role for Xeikon
- A challenging job with direct responsibility towards the customer
- Intensive training on Xeikon products
- An internationally operating company, active in innovative digital printing