Xeikon International designs, produces and sells high quality digital color production printers. Xeikon is a world leader in industrial and commercial printing like commercial brochures, direct marketing, labels and packaging. In 2015, Xeikon became part of Flint Group. Xeikon’s pioneering products and services will form the foundation of a newly created division to be called Flint Group Digital Printing Solutions. This digital division of Flint Group will further broaden the group’s conventional and digital printing solutions, offering a unique proposition of equipment, consumables and services across its global markets.
The installation engineer is responsible for the installation of Xeikon digital printers at customer’s sites, worldwide.
- Installation of Xeikon digital printing equipment as well as 3rd party equipment such as unwinders, rewinders, finishing lines of partners like GM, Hunkeler and Kern.
- These installations should be executed according to trained procedures and guidelines in order to guarantee a perfectly working machine for the customer.
- Installation of such print production line typically takes 5 days
- You have to ensure that the machine is properly installed and ready for your colleague who will train the customer for use of this digital press.
- You provide consistent and accurate feedback to the Installation team manager and to the local service manager in the country where you are active at that moment.
- When an installation is completed you will complete the required documents and parameters.
- The installations require mainly electro-mechanical / machinery knowledge or experience and rely on a basis of software know how.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Electronics, Electro-mechanics or mechanics Engineering Technology.
- Experience in the printing industry is a plus.
- Must be willing and able to work in a fluctuating work schedule.
- Willing to travel a lot and at short notice (minimum of 30%, up to 80% in peak periods).
- Valid driving license and clean driving record.
- Language skills: English (Native not required) & Any other languages are an advantage
- Flexible in working scheme and task assignments
- Able to work independent, with phone support as back-up
- Good technical trouble shooting & problem solving skills
- strong electro-mechanical talent
- customer service oriented
- stress tolerant
- computer skills
Flint Group - XEIKON offers:
- An enthusiastic, ambitious environment in a Service department
- which plays an important business role for Xeikon.
- A challenging job with direct responsibility towards the customer.
- Intensive training on Xeikon products.
- An internationally operating company, active in innovative digital printing.