Industrial capital goods environment that designs produces and sells high quality digital color printers and presses.
Xeikon is a world leading innovator in digital printing, focused on labels and packaging, commercial print, …
Recently Xeikon became part of Flint Group. Xeikon’s pioneering products and services will form the foundation of a newly created division to be called Flint Group Digital Printing Solutions. This new division of Flint Group will further broaden the group’s conventional and digital printing solutions, offering a unique proposition of equipment, consumables and services across its global markets, like the Fusion concept shown at the latest Printing expositions (Drupa and Label expo).
Xeikon has a large R&D center in Lier where chemists, engineers, programmers and high speed electronic specialists are working towards the future of digital printing. Xeikon is an enthusiastic and ambitious company. We provide an intensive training on Xeikon products, an open atmosphere and excellent learning development for you as young engineer.
- You will be part of the R&D team and will be introduced to the workings of the Xeikon printing engines and consumables.
- You are willing to share your knowledge with local staff (chemists, engineers, electronic specialists, software engineers and engine operators) to bring their technical knowledge to a higher level and also need to have the ability to interact with ink formulation chemists.
- We also expect you to advise on new measurement equipment and technology within the R&D organization, solve complex (ad hoc) technical issues and come up with creative solutions to drive continuous improvement.
- You should organize, conduct, interpret and document the results of your experiments in cooperation with a more experienced chemist. You will formulate decisions and proposals for further research.
- You will determine interactions between consumables and processes involved in the printing machine.
- You will consult literature from which insight is gained into the problem and the processes which the research relates.
- You will develop, plan, carry out, coordinate and interpret tests (by lab and engine operators, engineering assistants, central support staff) and testing schedules
- Due to the international nature about 20 - 30% of time can be taken up with travel to locations worldwide.
- You are an experienced Inkjet person knowing how ink interacts with the complete printing system (delivery, maintenance, filtration, degassing, jetting, waveform, substrate interaction, capping, cleaning, purging …).
- Aspects as viscosity, curing speed, stitching, specific migration, surface tension, bleeding, drop speed, drop placement accuracy and satellites are belonging to your daily vocabulary and you are experienced with the aspects of high speed single pass inkjet printing. You also have some background in creating the best receiving substrate surface to guarantee a good interaction, spreading and adhesion with paper, PE, PP and polyester materials
- Minimum a Master’s degree or proof of extensive training/experience in the inkjet field
- In all cases a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the inkjet industry is a need
- Good analytical skills and the ability to collect data and draw valid conclusions.
- A flexible, pro-active and team work attitude. Capable of working in a structured manner.
- Good communication skills and capable to communicate with multiple levels in the organization
- Integration experience is certainly a plus!