Xeikon Manufacturing - headquartered in Lier Belgium- designs, produces and sells high quality digital color production printers. Xeikon is a world leader in industrial and commercial printing like commercial brochures, direct marketing, labels and packaging. Xeikon has a large R&D center in Lier where chemists, engineers, programmers and high speed electronic specialists are working towards the future of digital printing. In view of the expansion of our R&D team for dry toner we are currently looking for an process engineer.
- You study and optimize the printing process of new engine developments in a very R&D oriented environment
- You introduce and realize strategies/concepts within mechanical engineering to increase the stability, usability and productivity
- You organize, interpret and document the results of your experiments in cooperation with other process engineers
- You stay up to date about new technologies that can be used at Xeikon (based on patents, literature, lectures, training courses, trade shows).
- You act as a source of knowledge and point of contact for certain disciplines within the company, you contribute to problem-solving of urgent issues.
More specifically, after thorough internal training, you act as reference person for electrophotography printing process and its interaction with various print media and image quality.
- You listen to the experiences of end users (customers, vendors), testers and designers to estimate the priority of reported issues and to analyze the causes
- You hold a Master’s degree in Civil Engineering (option chemical engineering, electromechanics, … ), Bioscience-engineering, Chemistry or Physics with a first professional experience (1-2 years)
- You are a hands-on team player with good communication skills but also capable of solving a specific problem by themselves
- You have a large affinity for science and the creation of new technologies and testmethods
- Digging into patents and scientific literature should not frighten you
- You have the ambition to grow with a new Xeikon product
- You are solution-oriented, eager to learn and stress resistant