Xeikon, a division of Flint Group, is a long-standing leader and innovator in digital printing technology. Grounded in the principles of quality, flexibility and sustainability, Xeikon designs, develops and delivers web-fed digital color presses for label and packaging applications, document printing, and commercial printing. These presses utilize LED-array-based electrophotography, open workflow software and application-specific toners. Globally we are represented in 21 countries, in Belgium we have a large R&D center and production site. There is a production site in Chicago, and an R&D department in Japan. Worldwide Xeikon employs 550 people and we all work together towards the future of digital printing.
The Sales Support Specialist Labels is fully operational during the pre-sales phase. Within the Labels segment he/she is responsible for providing professional support to the area sales managers in defining the correct products to quote a solution in line with the customer’s requirements. Such a solution can exist of standard Xeikon products, well-chosen pre-defined options, configurable 3rd party products and suitable services.
You work closely together with the Solution Technical Manager for specific customization and higher technical complexity projects, as well as with the Business Development Manager for opportunity analysis, qualification and documentation.
- Take ownership of pre-sales support for creation of the correct solutions to area sales manager within the Labels segment.
- This includes definition and collection of the deliverables and provide these to Sales within a time frame allowing fast responses to the customers. The deliverables include:
- Cost calculations and customer business cases
- Bill of material
- A prepared technical order form
- Price overview
- Lead time
- Specs description of the configuration
- Overall project management of the entire pre-sales phase which includes:
- Excellent cooperation and communication with all stakeholders: 3rd party suppliers, purchasing, R&D, production to collect the correct input for the quotation deliverables.
- Perfect, clear and timely communication to the sales team about status and planning during the quotation phase
- Other key responsibilities include:
- Provide on-line or on-site support to the Sales team to analyze the customer’s requirements more in detail
- Provide the right information and consultancy to the Sales people about price list items and how to choose the right combination to create the best configuration
- Coordinate and support several projects at the same time
- While working through the projects, build up and document generic boilerplate text that helps writing good value propositions for the sales team
- You act as a reference point for sales colleagues regarding the assigned responsibilities thanks to a deep and detailed knowledge about vertical markets, products, solutions and competitors.
- You effect all activities – internal and external – respecting the defined methodologies and processes and fulfilling the necessary reporting and documentation versus all involved actors (manager, colleagues)
- Educational Qualification: Master Degree or Bachelor
- Combines technical, commercial and operational skills in daily work.
- Industry knowledge: Label Printing expertise, experience digital printing technology.
- A record of effective communication and collaboration skills.
- Very good understanding of a pre-sales quotation process
- Ready to help area sales managers, yet with assertivity to spend the efforts on the right requests
- Stress tolerant in a less structured environment, capable of handling multiple requests at the same time
- Demonstrated ability to work with customers, sales, and technical teams effectively
- Project management skills: planning, organizing and managing resources to bring a good commercial & technical quotation in place.